Rachel Page is a Registered Nurse, and Mental Health, life and Wellness Coach.
She advocates for the allocation of supportive resources, making access to support easier and readily available to everyone. She educates people to increase their knowledge to end the stigma surrounding Mental Illnesses. She provides people with the knowledge and skills to better understand their mental illness, and works with the client to empower them to discover ways to effectively cope using positive (and proper) adaptive techniques. Her mission is to provide tools that empower people to ignite their dreams, unleash their potential and fulfill their purpose.
Rachel has a unique understanding of mental illnesses due to her personal experiences with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder, Major Depression Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. She has published many articles detailing the struggles she has encountered over the years, and how she learned how to effectively cope using a combination of different techniques. Her journey led her to her role as a Mental Health Advocate, due to the lack of available resources and professional help, and the negative experiences she had encountered while trying to navigate the healthcare system.
Rachel started her career in Community Nursing as a Home Health Nurse, Occupational Health/Requisite Nurse, Nurses Practice Council Representative, and Alternate Care Setting Clinic Nurse. Shortly after, she transitioned to Acute Geriatric / General Medicine, and currently works in Emergency Medicine.
Her dream has always been to work in Emergency Medicine. Although she does not plan to leave the emergency profession any time soon, her ultimate goal is to start her own E-coaching business within the near future. She will encompass cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques, and motivational interviewing skills to empower, inspire and support the client to reach their highest potential.
- Bachelor of Nursing, 2013, University of New Brunswick – Humber Institute of
Technology and Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON
- General Arts and Science Certificate; Health and Science Profile (Honours), Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Certificate, Canadian Mental Health Association, Toronto, On.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification, 2017
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification, 2018
- Life Coaching; A Complete Guide Certificate, Udemy, 2018
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Depression, Anxiety, Phobias and Panic Attacks, Udemy, 2018
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Life Coach Certification, Udemy, 2018
Follow my Social Media sites for more material related to mental health:
FB Page: /mindovermood1
FB Profile: /rachelpage
FB Group: Mind Over Mood | Mental Health Support